Thursday, July 8, 2010

Look Up Lodge 2010! :)


During the week of June 13-18, I attended a Christian church camp called Look Up Lodge. And let me tell you, it was a life changing experience. I fell into the daily routine of waking up early for our scheduled breakfast, that awful climb to chapel, which was up a giant hill in the mountains of SC, back down, activities, free time, supper, chapel again, and so on. Our speaker was Greg Boone, owner of LUL at this moment, and he was amazing, as always. I had been moved a little last year, but enough to say I had truly heard God. Well this year, the first couple of days I felt absolutely NOTHING. My God radar was flattttt. By Wednesday night, I was feeling a little something. And then they played this song, which they played last year too, called, Lead Me to the Cross, which began to move me in a small way. They also played a few from the last year too, like Open the Floodgates of Heaven, Jesus Paid it All, Mighty to Save, How Great is our God, and a few others, and I recommend looking them up on YouTube! The next day and night I waited to hear those songs again, waiting on something to move me. I didn't hear them. By Thursday afternoon's chapel I thought I wasn't going to hear them again. Thursday evening we were told to wear old clothes and closed toes shoes to chapel for our special end of the week event that night. When we got to chapel, everyone expected to hear a whole lot of talking, but Greg said two or 3 words, and walked off the stage. Then the band came out and began to play. That night was AMAZING! They played the song and I was moved to the point of tears, and I hadn't cried since right before I got out of school. I can also say that he moved so many people in that place that it was just awesome being in that chapel! After chapel we went hiking up a mountain in the dark, when it was wet, as a repersentation of a point they were showing us. But it was all worth it by the time we got to the top of that mountain. I have never so sad as when we had to leave LUL this year. I can't wait for next year! :) "My God's not dead, He's surely alive and he's living on the inside roaring like a lion!"

No comments:

Post a Comment